12.22.2009

Day 4, FDR



























We woke up today around 10 am to a cold room. Everyone got a slow start as we began to clean up our 5 dude, 2 day mess. Everett and Pierre cooked up some wonderful cheesy scrambled eggs as everyone got their shit together. We cleaned out and repacked the van in a - primo parking spot right outside Steph’s front door. Geoffrey informed of a gentlemen slingin’ some sweet blue cover-alls down the street. I was on it. I found George a few blocks away and he hooked me up with the brand new threads for a mere 4$. Thanks George, I owe you a buck. I ran back to the Van with an ear to ear smile on my face. We did a final check then hit the road for FDR! Upon a stop at the Bank, Evan and I couldn’t resist the tantalizing scent of street vendor cheese steaks right down the street. We could see the stainless steel cart just down the block. 10 minutes and 8.50$ later, we were convinced that Phil was right about the street vendors being the way to go. We rolled into FDR a few minutes later with our eyes wide and our minds blown. There was a ton of water and snow, but I could tell that FDR is one of the better flowing parks in the DIY contingent. We found a few somewhat dry lines and started geekin’ out. Evan handled a front smith stall after his board took a dozen dips. How he gripped his board I have no idea... Everett charged a snowy line with minimal difficulty, I handled a soaking back pivot, and Pierre showed us a super fun line around a big puddle. We got a train going and carved the puddle together a bunch of times with only one pile up. Loki poked around almost killed us a few times. Geoff and I squeezed in a few tricks on a deadly little tight tranny wall as the boys started the van. I cannot stress this enough; if you skateboard, and especially if you like to skate tranny, YOU MUST SKATE FDR BEFORE YOU DIE. After a few confusing laps, we found our route and were headed for Harrisburg. It was time to see another homie and replace our wiper motor. On the way to the berg we found a beer zoo, got some groceries, and got confused about how to pay for them. We just ate spaghetti and now we’re sitting in a heated living room. I can’t forsee anything major happening tonight. I hope I can keep up with the blog, I never saw myself geeking out so hard on it... BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Richman, did ya snag me a pair of the coveralls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream sandwiches<3 looks like y'all be havin a fuckin time! Skate with grace Dick!
    Peace,
    silva

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GUYS ROCK MY SISTERS ASS - SO CHEERS I'M GUZZLIN' A GUYS LIGHT TO YOUR EPICNESS!

    ReplyDelete